Sunday, January 20, 2013

Becoming a Blogger...

"Everyone's doing it...why don't you?" This was the discussion that was started by my friends, colleagues, and now newly graduated literacy coaches, while we were all away for training in Boston, Massachusetts. We were all there for our annual ongoing professional development week and they were trying to convince me to start a professional blog. At first, I was quite reluctant because I had no idea what I would write about and wondered if anyone would even read the thing. So, why bother right? At least I knew that I had a few supporters out there that would read and interact with me (my literacy crew...haha). But, where would I possibly find the time? We are all so burnt out already, now they want me to add another thing to my plate? Are they serious?  Well, I guess they did a great job persuading me because here I am trying to figure out how all this works and definitely feeling a little frustrated trying to get this started. My intentions for this blog are to share some of the many great things that I'm trying out in my classroom as a literacy teacher, share some of the things I'm perfecting or trying to figure out, my growth as a professional, and to connect to the world of literacy. So, here it goes....

No comments:

Post a Comment